UniFirst Names 2021 Aldo Croatti and Ronald D. Croatti Scholarship Recipients
Wilmington, Mass. () – UniFirst Corporation (NYSE:UNF), a North American leader in the supply and servicing of uniforms, workwear, and facility service products for businesses, recently unveiled the recipients of their 2021 Aldo Croatti and Ronald D. Croatti Scholarships.
The Aldo Croatti Scholarship, named in honor of UniFirst’s founder, is awarded annually to children of company employees. Since the scholarship was established in 2004, UniFirst has granted nearly $400,000 to assist students in their academic pursuits.
Each year, 12 Aldo Croatti Scholarships are awarded to exemplary students enrolled or enrolling in full-time undergraduate studies at an accredited two- or four-year college or vocational/technical school. Applications are open to children of full-time UniFirst or UniFirst subsidiary employees who have a minimum of one year of employment with the company.
The 2021 Aldo Croatti Scholarship recipients, who collectively received $24,000 toward their education goals, are as follows:
- Rylee Bownds | Springfield, MO | Missouri State University
- Isabella Dolce | Tampa, FL | University of Florida
- Abigial Gosnell | Asheville, NC | East Tennessee State University
- Arianna Hafen | Ivins, UT | Brigham Young University Idaho
- Ethan Hinojosa | Holcomb, KS | Fort Hays State University
- Chance Jackson | Broken Arrow, OK | University of Tulsa
- Abigayle Levine | Saco, ME | Saint Joseph's College of Maine
- Jenna Robinson | Bethalto, IL | Missouri State University
- Kimberly Sanchez | Manor, TX | University of Texas at Austin
- Kendra Wilson | Waterford, PA | Edinboro University
- Cortlyn Wolfe | Topeka, KS | Baker University
- Gabija Ziemyte | Owensboro, KY | University of Kentucky
“Supporting the progress and betterment of our UniFirst family, inclusive of both our employees and their children, serves to support the progress and betterment of UniFirst as a whole,” said Steven Sintros, president and CEO of UniFirst Corporation. "Supplementing the educational and professional goals of our family members was a tradition of both our founder, Aldo Croatti, and his son and former CEO, Ron Croatti. We honor the legacies of our past leaders and the endeavors of our current employees through these scholarship programs."
The Ronald D. Croatti Scholarship is the namesake of Aldo's son, who took over leadership of the company from 1991 until his passing in 2017. This scholarship offers financial assistance to full-time UniFirst employees who enroll in full- or part-time undergraduate or graduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college or vocational/technical school for an entire academic year. Since the scholarship was established in 2015, UniFirst has provided over $170,000 to UniFirst scholars.
The 2021 Ronald D. Croatti Scholarship recipients, who collectively received $42,500 toward their education goals, are as follows:
- Monica Baietti | Windcrest, TX | University of Incarnate Word
- Antonio Cousar | Salisbury, MD | Wilmington University
- Todd Culberson | Ooltewah, TN | Bryan College
- Jeremy Currie | Boise, ID | University of Arizona Global Campus
- Lisa DeNicola | Saugus, MA | Salem State University
- Sarah Gillis | Wilmington, MA | Southern New Hampshire University
- Christopher Kantargis | Everett, MA | Rivier University
- Jeffrey Levine | Saco, ME | Husson University
- Keely McCarthy | Brimfield, MA | Bay Path University
- Patricia Montanez | El Paso, TX | Western Governor University
- Robert Shumway | Houston, TX | Houston Community College
- Mike Wright | Charlotte, NC | Rivier University
The Levine family from Saco, ME, were the proud beneficiaries of two 2021 UniFirst scholarships. Ronald D. Croatti scholarship recipient Jeffrey Levine, who works as a Route Service Manager at the UniFirst–Portland, ME, location, is attending Husson University in pursuit of his Master’s in business. His daughter, Abigayle, received the Aldo Croatti Scholarship and will pursue a degree in elementary education at Saint Joseph's College of Maine.
“These scholarships are such a relief for my family, and they allow my daughter and me to go after our goals without worrying as much about the financials,” said Levine. “I’ve been fortunate to work for a company that cares so much about their employees, and these scholarships truly emphasize the company’s family values. UniFirst truly came through at this point in my life, and I’ll be forever thankful for that.”
Headquartered in Wilmington, Mass., UniFirst Corporation (NYSE: UNF) is a North American leader in the supply and servicing of uniform and workwear programs, as well as the delivery of facility service programs. Together with its subsidiaries, the company also provides first aid and safety products, and manages specialized garment programs for the cleanroom and nuclear industries. UniFirst manufactures its own branded workwear, protective clothing, and floorcare products; and with 260 service locations, over 300,000 customer locations, and 14,000 employee Team Partners, the company outfits more than 2 million workers each business day. For more information, contact UniFirst at 800.455.7654 or visit UniFirst.com.
Communications and PR Supervisor
68 Jonspin Rd.
Wilmington, MA 01887