With a UniFirst lab coat and/or smock rental program, you get high quality medical garments, hygienic laundering, garment maintenance, and regular pickup & delivery on a convenient, dependable schedule.
See the UniFirst Uniform Rental Catalog for full-service Rental Programs including:
- “Try-for-size” outfitting
- Company logo customization
- Employee name personalization
- Hygienic laundering
- Pick-up & delivery
- Garment tracking
- On-hand replacement inventory
- Program management
- Automatic repairs
- Size adjustments
UniFirst lab coat and smock laundering meets or exceeds established OSHA and CDC protocols for laundering and uses only EPA registered sanitizing agents. The proprietary wash formulas and computer-controlled procedures used in our Product Protection Process are specifically developed for the healthcare industry to remove contaminants and bloodborne pathogens, and produce a self-sanitizing effect on garments. We achieve a “cleanliness” for your lab coats and smocks you simply can't get with other laundering methods.
With all our full-service Rental Programs, UniFirst professionally presses all lab coats at no additional cost. This complimentary service consistently provides you with a crisp, more upscale look. We also offer poly-bagging to keep laundered garments protected in transit.
Selecting lab coats and smocks
UniFirst lab coats and smocks for both men and women are available in a variety of materials and styles, so it's important to select appropriately based upon the types of hazards present in your work environment. First, determine if the primary purpose of the coat is to protect the wearer, to protect product, or to simply enhance a business image. Then choose from our wide selection of traditional lab coats, custom lab coats, physician coats, lab jackets, counter coats, and smocks.
Our 260 local service centers in the U.S. and Canada serve:
- Nursing homes
- Ambulatory centers
- And more
Medical coats as personal protection equipment (PPE)
If you need lab coats or smocks to serve as PPE, then the types of hazards that exist in your workplace are central to smart choices. To determine the types of hazards you face, ask:
- Do employees work with chemicals, biological agents, or other potentially dangerous substances?
- Do employees handle animals?
- Is there a risk of contamination by bloodborne pathogens?
- Are there flammable materials and or open flames or hot processes that they may come into contact with?
- Is there a significant risk of spill, splash or splatter in jobs being performed?
- Is there concern about inadvertent spread of contamination?
- Are food products being handled, packaged, or processed?
Group Purchase Organizations (GPOs)
UniFirst is a contracted supplier to the following Healthcare GPOs:
If you are a member of any of these organizations, inquire about our pre-negotiated discount rates. Please call (800) 455-7654 for more information.
See the UniFirst Uniform Rental Catalog for our complete line of lab coats and smocks.